Are you passionate about locally produced lamb? Do you love a lamb roast, curry, tagine or burger? Want to share a special lamb recipe for others to enjoy?
If you answered ‘yes’, let’s get together this week to laud our country’s luscious lamb!
Join the UK-wide campaign to promote and raise the profile of local lamb between 1-7 September during Love Lamb Week.
Tell your friends, family and neighbours about the plentiful supply of new season lamb which is available to buy in supermarkets and butchers’ shops in the Summer/Autumn months, a time when Welsh Lamb reaches peak seasonality.
How to get involved?
- Promote the product by joining in the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using #LoveLambWeek and #LoveLamb. Share pictures of any activity or make mouths water with delicious lamb dinner snaps. You could also tag us in your posts - @HybuCigCymru or @WelshLamb_PGI.
- Visit your local farm shop, butcher or pub and ask them to join us in promoting Love Lamb Week. How about contacting your local school to suggest that they also get involved at the start of the new term?
- Try a selection of our wonderful Welsh Lamb recipes which are listed online - http://eatwelshlambandwelshbeef.com/en/recipes - and let us know which one is your favourite!
- Check out our free recipe leaflets at your local butcher for more inspiration and tempting lamb treats. Tell everyone on Twitter where they can be found using #ButchersBest.
- Download our free posters and Twitter resources below to promote events, to generate local press coverage and to support any other innovative ideas you have.
More information can be found on the NSA website: http://www.nationalsheep.org.uk/lovelamb/