The Data Controller
Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales is the Data Controller for any personal data you give to us. Our full details are:
Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales
Telephone: 01970 625 050
What information do we collect and why?
We collect two kinds of information:
- non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn't tell us anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- basic personal information such as name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate)
We will obtain your consent to use this information in connection with specific activities, such as sending newsletters and market bulletin requests, competition entries and notification of HCC events. The information is used to fulfil requests or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. We will not collect any personal information we do not need.
We process personal information of Welsh red meat levy payers for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- to provide communications which we think will be of interest to you such as issues affecting the red meat industry
- to inform you of industry events or meetings in your area
- to make you aware of training opportunities which may benefit you
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
You don't have to disclose any of this information to browse our websites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to. When we no longer need your information, or you notify us that you no longer wish to receive information from us, we will always dispose of it securely.
How we share your information
We will only share your information if:
- we are working with a carefully-selected partner that is carrying out work on our behalf. These partners may include mailing houses, marketing agencies and IT specialists. The kind of work we may ask them to do includes processing, sending postal mail, emails and text messages.
We will only pass personal data to our partners if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- treat your information as carefully as we would
- only use the information for the purposes it was supplied
- allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things
- we are legally required to do so, e.g. for operating certification schemes, if requested by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court
- we believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our staff or visitors to our premises or websites
How we use your information
This Policy applies to information we collect about the following:
Visitors to our website
When someone visits www.hccmpw.org.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google, to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
When you opt to receive e-newsletters from HCC (PORI, Meat Matters, The Cut, Market Bulletin) we use MailChimp to fulfil your request. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletters.
Market Prices Text Messages
When you register for Market Prices, we use a third party provider, GloverSure, to deliver the market prices texts using the TextAnywhere messaging service.
If you contact us via social media
Competitions and Promotions
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, competitions or other promotions through our social media or at events such as the Royal Welsh Show. Participation is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We use the information you provide to administer the competitions and promotions. If we also wish to use your information to send you relevant information and news form HCC, such as our PORI newsletter, we will ask your permission.
If you contact us via e-mail
When you send an email via the website, your personal data is collected only to the extent necessary to reply.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information with other external organisations or individuals to use for their own purposes unless we seek your permission.
How we protect your information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. HCC is certified under the Government-backed Cyber Essentials Plus assurance framework.
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time.
You have the right -
- to object to your data being used for direct marketing or being processed on the basis of legitimate interests
- in certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked from processing, erased or deleted
- to request a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request)
To learn more about your rights please see the ICO website (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights)
Please address any such requests in writing to the HCC Data Protection Officer through the contacts page or at the HCC postal address.
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office - Wales
2nd Floor, Churchill House,
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
"Legitimate Interests" means the interests of Hybu Cig Cymru in conducting and managing our business (to enable us to give you the best and most secure service).
For example, we have an interest in making sure farmers and other businesses that contribute Welsh red meat levy are well informed about issues and opportunities affecting their business, so we may process your information to send you communications tailored to your interests.
It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws.
Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests and we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).