COMPETITION - Do you enjoy eating school dinners?
Show us what you’d look forward to eating at school! Draw a picture of five tasty main meals and explain why healthy eating is important.
Make sure your meals are healthy and balanced, and two or three of the meals should include lamb, beef or pork.
The prize for one lucky winner who creates a yummy, healthy and balanced menu will be:
- a goody bag of cooking equipment worth £150
- a special opportunity to cook and taste one of the red meat meals in your school with TV Chef, Elwen Roberts
Download the template below to compete before the closing date: 3 April 2019.
Send your application to: Hybu Cig Cymru, Tŷ Rheidol, Parc Merlin, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3FF
If you need some inspiration, click here to see all the recipes on our website.
Terms and Conditions
- All competitors must use the template on the Hybu Cig Cymru – Meat Promotion Wales (HCC) website and send their entries to HCC by 3 April 2019.
- Two or three of the meals should include lamb, beef or pork.
- Entries will be jointly judged by HCC and the Urdd. The judges will look for healthy, nutritious and balanced meals that are interesting, colourful and include a variety of ingredients.
- The winner will win cookery equipment worth £150.
- The other prize will be a cookery session with Elwen Roberts, HCC for the winner’s class/school.
- HCC will contact the winner’s school during the week commencing 8 April to arrange the session.
- The session will take place on either 29 or 30 April 2019.
- The session will last around two hours and will include cooking one of the red meat meals on the winner’s menu with the class/school (depending on the size of the school).
- A meat-free version of the dish can be prepared if there are vegetarians in the group. HCC will need to be made aware of any food allergies too.
- A photographer and/or film crew will be present during the session; HCC will need the school/parents’ consent to use the photos/film for promotional purposes.
- The winner will be announced in the June edition of the Urdd magazines, Cip and Bore Da.
- HCC will also prepare a press release to announce the winner and school session. Photos will also be included and used on HCC’s social media accounts.
For more information, contact the HCC office on: 01970 625050 / email@example.com