Red Meat Development Programme
As part of the Red Meat Development Programme, HCC is looking for pioneering Welsh farmers to take part in a new initiative to improve animal health and improve on-farm efficiency.
Farmers wanting to improve flock and herd health management and disease control can apply to receive support through our Flock and Herd Health Planning project. The project will assess the impact of pro-active health planning strategies in different sheep and beef production systems in Wales.
How will it benefit my farm?
- Free flock and herd health plan
- Free animal health action plan
- Vet review visits
- Free biosecurity plan
- Increased profitability
How will it work?
- Initial collection of farm baseline data
- Consultation with your vet and HCC Flock and Herd Health Planning Officer to review and update your current animal health plan
- Create an action plan
- Regular visits and support from your vet and HCC to review and monitor progress.
This is a long-term project with support available for up to three years.
You are eligible if you farm sheep and beef in Wales and have a valid Customer Reference Number (CRN).
An Expression of Interest window is open between the 26th November and the 31st December 2018, please complete the form here.
For more information contact Rebekah Stuart on:
This project has received funding through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the Welsh Government